How Do I?
Residents and property owners are entitled to free, full library privileges. Proof of residency or property ownership must be shown. Registration is for a defined period and must be regularly updated as appropriate.
Children age 12 and under can apply for a Library card in the Children’s Department. The parent/guardian must have a Library card in good standing, and be present when the child applies for the card. Children ages 13 and up may register for a Library card at Adult Circulation.
- New adult books, new large print, new audio books, children’s items, DVDs and blu-ray discs, music CDs, downloadable eBooks and audio books -2 weeks
- Older adult books, large print, and audio books, teen books, book discussion kits, children’s parenting collection - 4 weeks
- Adult and teen magazines, video games and Nintendo game players - 1 week
- Museum passes - 1 day (longer on weekends)
- Rental DVDs and Blu-Ray discs - 2 Days (longer on weekends)
- Downloadable magazines - Unlimited loan
Most Library items can be renewed twice if the item has not been requested by another Library patron. However, some items borrowed from others in our network of partner libraries have different renewal terms and are not renewable beyond the original due date.
There are several ways to renew your borrowed Library items:
- Visit the Library
- To renew Library items online 24/7